Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Six

Book Six of my 50/50 challenge:

The Dog StarsThe Dog Stars by Peter Heller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really didn't know much about this book when I checked it out from the library website, but had heard it was quite popular.  It is set in a post-apocalyptic world where most of the population has succumbed to a new strand of the flu.  It follows the life of a pilot, and his co-pilot dog, as well as their somewhat sociopathic friend/fellow survivor.  It was a compelling enough story that, even though it will not become one of my favorite, held my interest.  Definitely worth reading.

"Ready to compromise an important source of caffeine.  Not to mention carbonation.  Not much carbonation in our lives, Hig.  Effervescent we are not."





No comments:

Post a Comment