Friday, July 29, 2011

Day One & Two

Day One: Knit Night @ The Java Room


Day Two: Cleaning The Bedroom


-- Posted From My iPhone

Thursday, July 28, 2011

my picture a day project...

I really like photography, always have, particularly since taking a photography class in college.  I really don't take pictures much anymore though, so I thought doing this might motivate me to get back into it.  So, here's to the start of my own little 365 project!

Though I have a digital camera, it is pretty old at this point and a rarely have it on me.  So I think I'll be mainly using my phone.  This isn't really the end of the world as it does take pretty good pictures and it will definitely making sharing the pictures much easier!

Alright... lets see how this goes!  Click the tab at the top to see how I am doing so far.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

new sweater on the needles!

Well, it may have taken me almost a year to finish my Honeybee Cardigan, but that is not stopping me from jumping right in to another sweater.  I have so much yarn I need to knit, knit, knit!  Here are the details:

Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Ella Rae Amity Heathers (yes its acrylic, but its soft and a pretty color, and it was cheap)
Needle Size: 6 (I went down two needle sizes to get gauge)
Size: 49.5 inches

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All done!

Sadly after blocking it is a little big, I would have liked it to be slightly more fitted but it is definitely wearable. I have to fiddle around with the buttons a little still, I misplaced one of the button holes at the bottom and it messes up spacing of the last two buttons.








-- Posted From My iPhone

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Honeybee Cardigan

It was almost a year in the works, but it is finally blocking!  Ends are woven in, all I have to do is sew on the buttons once it is dry!  I am happy with how it came out.  I had a little trouble with the directions for the collar/neck/shoulder shaping, but it ended up working out fine.  One side of the collar was a little crooked, but after picking up stitches to do the i-cord bind off I knit 2 extra rows and that seemed to help straighten it out.  I tried it on before blocking it and it fit really well, it was just slightly big in the shoulders but nothing major.  It need to be blocked to open up the lace, but I hope that it doesn't grow too much.  Can't wait to wear it!