Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still don't like getting up so earlybut I....

Just finished my 2nd run of week 1 with #getrunning – 28½ minutes of exercise and 8 minutes of running. Next run: Friday 2nd.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Monday, March 29, 2010

Running

Just finished my 1st run of week 1 with #getrunning – 28½ minutes of exercise and 8 minutes of running. Next run: Wednesday 31st.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Sunday, March 28, 2010

skewing it up...

After finishing my moldy cat scarf, I thought I would dive back into my Skew socks.

What a complicated sock pattern! It's not that it's hard, it has so many directions... If you pay attention to what you are doing it should be no problem. However, if you are like me and you find yourself talking, watching tv, surfing the net, playing wow, or doing all all of these things at once (while knitting) you might find yourself confused...

So far I think it is looking good though... Just one more "decrease mini gusset" section to go and then I will be on the leg! I survived the "origiami moment" section so I should be home free now...

What do you think?








The colors of the yarn are much brighter than the picture shows... That's one of the drawbacks to iPhone blogging I suppose. That, and all the typos and spelling errors that come along with typing on a phone rather than a computer... But hey, I am actually posting occasionally, which is something...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Friday, March 26, 2010

finished my saroyan, but it kind of looks like a moldy cat...

Once, in high school, we were supposed to dissect cats in anatomy and physiology class.  Unfortunately, when we unwrapped them to get started they were all moldy.  So, we had to dissect these disgusting giant rats instead (not that the cats would have been much better... I am easily grossed out and do not like cutting any type of animal open, I don't even like putting a worm on a hook to go fishing!).

So, I'm trying to do some destashing... and I found this unknown fuzzy green/brown/gold yarn in a rubbermaid bin in my closet.  I can't remember what brand it is or where I got it, but it seemed like it would work for the Saroyan pattern.  I really love the pattern and someone on Ravelry inspired me to put some little gold seed beads on the leaves.  I just wish I had used a nicer yarn!  Sadly, it kind of reminds me of those moldy cats...